Birth Station Simulator Fetal Head Ischial Spine Relations
Birthing Station Simulator is designed to facilitate demonstration and practice of palpating the internal birthing canal. The simulator clearly shows the relationship between the fetal head and the Ischial Spines of the pelvic bone of the mother during the birth process. The realism of this simulator will help students bridge the gap from classroom to bedside with ease and comfort.
The simulator is designed to highlight the Ischial Spines which are of great obstetrical importance. The line drawn between the ischial spines typically represents the shortest diameter of the Pelvic Cavity. The ischial spines can be readily felt during a vaginal examination, and serve as valuable landmarks in ascertaining the level to which the presenting part of the fetus has descended into the pelvis.
The Birthing Station Simulator features a fetal head which will lock in any one of three lock stations. Minus Two Station shows the position of the fetal head when it lies above the ischial spines. Zero Station shows the fetal head directly between the Ischial Spines. Plus Three Station shows the fetal head below the ischial spines ready to enter into the birthing canal. Life/form� Birthing Station Simulator includes teaching guide and hard carrying case. Three-year warranty.
- Highlight the Ischial Spines
- Ischial Spines can be readily felt during a Vaginal examination
- Fetal head which will lock in any one of three lock stations
- Minus Two Station shows the position of the Fetal head when it lies above the Ischial Spines
- Zero Station shows the fetal head directly between the Ischial Spines
- Plus Three Station shows the Fetal Head below the ischial spines ready to enter into the birth canal
- Teaching guide
- Female Pelvis
- Fetal head
- Minus Two Station
- Zero Station
- Plus Three Station
- Hard carrying case