Newborn Infant Venous Access Simulator Training
Newborn Venous Access Simulator
Newborn Infant Venous Access Training Simulator is an anatomically correct model of Newborn female baby developed to review the principles, skills and tools necessary for insertion, assessment, dressing care, securement and maintenance of vascular access devices (VAD's) in infants. A unique, anatomically correct representation of a 4-lb., 16” female baby developed to teach and practice the vascular accessing of newborns and infants, including the availability of those veins uniquely used in this age group. There are barely discernable blue veins under the replaceable translucent “skins” on the head, right and left arms and the right leg. Veins are now made with latex-free Dermalike II™ - with 50% less needle drag when accessing and improved tear resistance to permit a greater number of needle “sticks”. The veins presented include: the temporal, external jugular, post-auricular, basilic, cephalic, saphenous and popliteal. When accessing a “pop” is felt as the needle enters the vein followed by a realistic flashback of simulated blood confirming proper needle placement. The veins were specifically designed to have a small internal diameter, as you would find on a small baby, to make accessing more challenging, improving technique and confidence. You can practice accessing, securing, dressing, site care, and maintenance for standard IVs and PICC (Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter). A redesigned umbilicus and umbilical valve allows repeated catheterization with a 5Fr umbilical catheter with proper placement verified by a blood return. Nasal and oral openings allow placement of nasal cannulas, as well as nasogastric, and feeding tubes to teach suctioning, securing, dressing, cleansing, and maintenance. A great tool for teaching, training, competency testing and skills assessment. Length 16" Sh. wt. 4 lbs. Includes soft carrying case.
Newborn Wound Kit features, Include:
- Access the median basilic and axillary veins on the right and left arm
- Right leg - saphenous and popliteal veins
- Neck and head - external jugular and temporal (scalp) veins
- Realistic flashback of simulated “blood” confirms proper needle location in the vein
- Redesigned umbilicus allows repeated catheterization of the umbilical catheter, with proper placement verified by a blood return
- Nasal and oral openings allow placement of nasal cannulas, as well as endotracheal, nasogastric, and feeding tubes to teach suctioning, securing, dressing, cleansing, care, and maintenance
- Nita Newborn™ includes female baby body; umbilicus; translucent skin on arm, leg, and head; I.D. bracelet; diaper; vein tubing with umbilical valve; blood reservoir bag with attached tubing; blood concentrate; instruction manual; and carry case.
- Vein set w/ umbilical valve
- Large Reservoir bag
- Right Arm skin
- Left Arm skin