Right Breast Replacement
Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women; a properly performed manual examination is an important way of detecting cancer at an early, more treatable, stage. This Advanced Breast Exam Simulator offers unparalleled realism for teaching both clinical and self-breast examination. Unlike other simulators, tissue density actually varies within the simulated breast, just as it does in a live patient. Tumors of varying sizes (1-4 cm diameter), shapes (round, oval, irregular/stellate), and densities can be inserted by the instructor for an expanded combination of training scenarios. Tumors represent adenomas, cysts, malignant tumors, and enlarged lymph nodes. The torso is correctly positioned in the supine position and allows access to both axillae. The trainer features palpable ribs, sternum and clavicles, and enlarged lymph nodes in the axillary and subclavicular areas. Peau d’orange (“orange peel skin”) with inflammation, inverted nipple, skin dimpling, and asymmetry are also depicted on the incredibly realistic skin. The Advanced Breast Exam Simulator has been designed for supine examination, but may also be used standing upright if desired. Training may also be done without the overlay skin. Includes a rigid underbody, right and left breast inserts, overlay skin, three tumor sets (27 lumps), baby powder, hard carrying case, and instruction manual. Torso size: 14" W x 11" H x 6" D. Three-year warranty. This Model Simulator received top marks at a recent global health meeting. Healthcare professionals were elated with its realism, durability, materials and texture. Developed to assist Women and Health Professionals in teaching the processes and skills required to perform both: Self-examinations and Clinical Identification of pathologic Conditions. It is not possible to determine the exact nature of any tumor strictly by touch. Although many Breast Lumps are not cancerous, any Lump should be examined by a Health Professional. With Early detection - through Breast - Examination, clinical exams by a healthcare professional, mammography - the chances of surviving breast cancer increase dramatically. All women should perform monthly breast self- exam. Women after 40 and older should have a clinical breast exam every year.
- Teaching Clinical and self examination is made easy and realistic.
- Tumors of varying sizes (1-4 cm diameter), shapes (round, oval, irregular/stellate), densities can be inserted
- adenomas, cysts, malignant tumors, and enlarged lymph nodes.
- positioned in the supine or standing upright position and allows access to both axillae.
- features palpable ribs, sternum and clavicles, and enlarged lymph nodes in the axillary and subclavicular areas
- orange peel skin”) with inflammation, inverted nipple, skin dimpling, asymmetry on skin
- Training may also be done without the overlay skin
- Torso size: 14" W x 11" H x 6" D.
- hard Carrying Case ---- Included
- Three tumor sets (27 lumps)
- Baby powder
- Instruction Manual